Exciting times! We’re hiring.
At Quiet Adventures, we help women gain the tools and skills to feel more confident in nature, and the personal practices to feel more grounded in their everyday lives. We blend personal development, outdoor educational workshops, and retreat time to help the busy woman (at home or at work) find the support she may be missing in her day-to-day life. Our goal is to help women slow down and lead a saner life, one that’s in rhythm with their cycles and nature.
If what we’re up to excites you, please read on to learn about our Adventure Team Member position.
As an Adventure Team Member, you will support trip participants and the Quiet Adventures leadership team. In this positive and close-knit team environment, you’ll work directly with Adventures Founder and Lead Guide, Megan Roop to ensure trips run smoothly and are an extraordinary, meaningful experience for participants.
We are looking for talented and committed Adventure Team Members who are passionate about the outdoors, self-care practices, and community building, as well as patient, warm-hearted, honoring of her word, extremely reliable, highly organized, thorough, and detail oriented.
Most of all, it’s imperative you care deeply about supporting women in connecting with three things: nature, themselves, and other women. The ability to connect with women and embody Quiet Adventures values are just as important as outdoor experience for this position.
This is a great opportunity to hone your outdoors skills by teaching others, expand your network of amazing women, and deepen your learning around personal practices.
We are excited to bring women onto our team who are passionate about this work and ready to make a big impact! Please see below for details and how to apply.
With love and gratitude,
Founder, Quiet Adventures
Title: Adventure Team Member
Rate: TBD based on experience.
- Offer assistance to Megan and participants during three- and four-day camping and backpacking trips.
- Teach and assist participants with outdoors skills, including map reading, backcountry cooking, camp set-up and breakdown, on- and off-trail travel, water purification, fire building, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Keep a close eye on participants and offer support when needed.
- Document adventure and upload to shared drive after (photography and GoPro filming).
- Drive personal vehicle as needed.
- Pre-trip work (2 hours): reviewing trip logistics, participant information, vehicle packing.
- Post-trip work (2 hours): unpacking, cleaning gear, and debriefing trip.
- Facilitate end-of-trip feedback process with participants.
- Lead a minimum of three trips per year.
- Be a Quiet Adventures ambassador and help women feel strong, confident, and whole through shared adventure, connection, and nature.
- Knowledgeable outdoorswoman with extensive wilderness experience.
- Excellent teaching and facilitation skills.
- Own a car with valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and insurance.
- Own personal backpacking gear (backpack, sleeping pad, and sleeping bag).
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs over three- to four-day backpacking trips.
- Current Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certification (or willingness to complete training).
- Ability to attend a one-day paid training on June 24th or July 8th.
- Quiet Adventures alumni (or willingness to attend the Big Sur, Summer Camping Retreat, June 3rd - 5th, at a heavily discounted rate).
- Experience with personal development, yoga, and meditation.
- Knowledge of California state and national parks.
- Communicate openly, honestly, quickly, and effectively. You aren’t afraid to speak up when you don’t know something or admit to a mistake.
- Take personal responsibility for your actions and always try to move forward in an effective and positive way.
- Go above and beyond a task and have a high standard of excellence for yourself and every task you take on.
- Understand that service, clients, and their care are highest priority. You always want people, no matter who they are, to have the best experience.
- Have enthusiasm, a positive attitude, and the ability to adapt quickly when things don’t go as planned.
- Value being kind, caring, and friendly to others.
- Thrive in a supportive role and are excited to help participants and the Quiet Adventures leadership team.
- Be part of an amazing organization and get paid to do what you love!
- Complimentary participation on Quiet Adventures when you’re supporting as the Adventure Team Member.
- 50% discount on any Quiet Adventure where you’re not supporting as the Adventure Team Member.
- 25% discount to share with your friends and family to participate on weekend trips.
Applications are now closed for this position, but we'll be continuing to grow in 2016. If you have skills or ideas that you'd like to contribute to Quiet Adventures, please email us at [email protected]