Quiet Strength: an at-home retreat for women
Let's face it, technology is both a blessing and a curse. It's amazing we're able to connect in this way for a virtual retreat and download guided meditations to our phones. But it can also be confusing, stressful, and downright annoying!
If you're wondering how to download the material to your computer, smart phone, iPod or tablet so that you can listen to it where you wish, below are a few tips to get you started.
Organize and Store Your Files with folders
- Go to your desktop (or wherever you want to store the downloads) right click (for PCs, two fingers and thumb click for Macs) and then add a new folder. Name it QUIET STRENGTH or whatever resonates.
- Click on the button in the materials that says DOWNLOAD, it will pop up with a window from Dropbox and you can choose to either download or save to my Dropbox.
- If you click download, it will ask you where you want to save it and you can specify the folder you made on your desktop or wherever.
- If you click Dropbox, you can put them in your Dropbox folder, another convenient way to store your files.
What’s a Dropbox folder and how do I make one?
Dropbox is a file storage program that makes it easy way to store files and access them on any computer. If you have a smart phone, you might want to download the Dropbox app. That makes downloading the files onto your phone really easy. Remember, anything saved in Dropbox can be accessed wherever you access it, be that on your phone, your computer’s hard drive, or via the internet.
If you don’t have Dropbox on your computer and you want it, you can get a free version by doing the following:
- Go to Dropbox.com and click "Sign Up For Free."
- Enter in your name, email, and a password.
- It will ask to download Dropbox on your computer. Click ok. Follow the directions your computer gives you to download stuff from the internet.
- Once it’s set up, go to Dropbox. You can find Dropbox by going again to Dropbox.com or now that Dropbox lives on your computer, by clicking on My Computer (in you have a PC) or Finder (for Mac).
- Add a folder in Dropbox; there is a folder icon with a plus sign (+) next to it. Click this to add a folder.
- Name it QUIET STRENGTH or something that resonates.
Listen to the files
- Go to Dropbox (either on computer, smart phone, or internet) and open the folder.
- Click on the file you want to listen to (the only one).
- The file will automatically begin to play using a default player.
Using Your Desktop:
- Go to your Desktop.
- Open the Clarinet Meditations Folder.
- Click the file you want to listen to (only one).
- If it asks you which player you want to use, indicate player (i.e. iTunes or Media Player).
- Open iTunes.
- In the upper left corner, click File.
- Click Add to Library.
- Find your folder on your Desktop or Dropbox.
- Click the file(s) you want to live in iTunes.
- Go to iTunes.
- Go to Recently Added.
- Click on the audio track.
Got questions? Email ME at [email protected]
I'm here to support you!